by Matthew Van Court
Roses are red, violets are blue, how about a romantic evening for two? Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day and eager romantics are looking for creative ways to make this year one to remember. Whether you are showering someone with your love, or showing some much-needed self-care, here are some brands we are in love with that will help romantics at heart turn their evening from ordinary to extraordinary.
Ah the gift that keeps on giving, except this time ditch the fruit of the month clubs for something a little more useful.
- Sweet dreams are made of cheese and Murray’s Cheese club is the perfect gift for any cheese lover or charcuterie board aficionado. This monthly shipment will come with 3-4 varieties of approachable and iconic cheeses guaranteed to please any palate.
- Because no good story ever started with a glass of water, Winc’s Wine Club guarantees endless amounts of good stories. Simply fill out a short approachable questionnaire of flavor profiles and then receive four bottles of wine each month.
- Coco Chanel once said, “before you leave the house, take off one accessory.” Well then you better make sure those remaining accessories are real showstoppers! Vocabulary Boutique in Little Italy offers three unique monthly subscriptions to bring the latest fashion accessories to your door. Plus, if you are gifting this to someone, simply let them know and they will connect with the recipient after they receive the gift.
- Leave your home smelling clean and fresh all year long thanks to Beaute Nouveau’s Candle of the Month Club. Each month you will receive a unique candle along with additional perks including free shipping on all additional orders along with a free download of an exclusive fire meditation.
GOOD EATS & SWEET TREATS
They say the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but isn’t that true with everyone?
- For the carnivores, be sure to check out The Butchery’s online store for a selection of chicken, pork, sausages, marinated meats, and premium beef.
- If you’re looking for something on the lighter side, PureFish is bringing fine dining to your door with sustainable seafood. Simply select your assortment, and you will receive over 16 “restaurant cut” portions in oven-ready trays.
- Shake things up with a pineapple maple cocktail or ultimate old-fashioned kit from Bittercube or choose from their variety of slow crafted bitters and let your inner mixologist shine.
- Because no Valentine’s Day is complete without something sweet. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Prindables gourmet caramel apples, chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate truffles, and chocolate covered caramels. Plus, they have put together a variety of heart-fluttering Valentine’s Day gift sets perfect for your night of romance.
- Getting cabin fever? Restaurants throughout California have once again resumed outdoor dining. Get a taste of Italy in San Diego’s Little Italy or enjoy international flavors around the world (no passport required) in Downtown Redwood City.
HAVE SOME FUN
Let’s face it, this entire past year has been one hurdle after another. Bring the fun back into your life with something a little different this Valentine’s Day.
- See just how well you know each out with a game of We’re Not Really Strangers, a purpose driven card game designed to help create meaningful connections. The game features three carefully crafted levels of questions and wildcards that allow you to deepen your existing relationships and create new ones.
- There is nothing quite like making something with your own hands. Embrace your love for the movie “Ghost” with a pottery or paint kit from Sculpd.
- A special someone may have a piece of your heart, but can they help you with a puzzle? Piecework Puzzles has a variety of 500 and 1,000-piece stunning puzzles giving you something fun to do together that doesn’t involve a TV or cell phone.
- Snuggle up with your loved one (or furry friend) with a blanket you made from one of Apricot Yarn & Supply’s kits. For those with a real passion for crafting, check out ARTS DISTRICT Liberty Station for a variety of local arts and crafts ideas.
At the end of the day, what truly matters is being with those you love. Every day is an opportunity to show someone how much you love them and care.