Jackpot! You just landed a TV spot, but how can you leverage the appearance to maximize your coverage? One thing that we highly suggest is creating a strategic plan before you step in front of the camera. One of the worst things you can do is not have a plan and expect to see a flood of new business leads come through as a result.
There are three important parts to a media: the hit itself (obviously), how you promote the hit before it airs and how you “push out” the hit after it has aired. It’s important to maximize your win and set yourself up for success from start to finish by planning ahead and strategizing how you want to publicize the coverage even more. With that being said, here are a few ways to maximize TV appearances before, during and after a segment:
- Share the news on social media by giving your followers a heads up that you’ll be on the station at a certain time.
- Give your social fans a “behind-the-scenes” experience during the appearance; while you’re in the green room, post a photo of your crew and share on social media to build a little bit of that good buzz! Utilize live video platforms like Snapchat, Facebook Live, Periscope, etc.
- Create a “PRESS” section on your website and immediately update the page with your latest coverage. Need inspiration? Here’s a great PRESS page example from our client, PMD.
- Create a blog post that highlights your recent coverage – this will aid in your SEO optimization efforts.
- Craft a post on all of your social media outlets with the live link to the coverage – we suggest utilizing social media advertising to maximize reach and engagement.
- Announce the coverage in your internal and external newsletters and email blasts.
- Create a physical book of coverage for your company’s waiting area – you can also frame and post big stories in high traffic areas around the office.
- Include coverage in potential investor material.
- Ask your network to post and share on their personal and professional social media outlets – sharing is caring!
Do as much as you can to maximize the appearance and connect with your audience to publicize the coverage even more. Utilize your network of loyal fans and ramp up your social media efforts to help get the word out about all that you’re up to!