By: Courtney Rose
Kicking off the New Year, we routinely hear the infamous line, “New Year, New You.” This phrase often inspires a lot of people to set goals, make big changes and even reinvent themselves. After all, the New Year gives us an opportunity to look back on our accomplishments over the last 365 days, reflect on what worked and what didn’t, and ultimately dream bigger. While this phrase doesn’t quite align in the business world (“New Year, New Business” could get quite expensive), the concept definitely works. It’s a New Year, same business—bigger vision!
At Olive PR Solutions, we take this time to meet with our clients and shape an integrated media relations and social media plan to launch successful campaigns that align with our clients’ goals. Here are some things you can do to ensure your 2017 media relations and social media plans are set up for success:
- Get Those Juices Flowing – The New Year reminds us to hit refresh and get innovative – it’s a great opportunity to brainstorm with your team to bounce ideas around and really dream big. Ask questions like: What can you do to improve your product or service? What types of campaigns do you want to see? How can your brand change peoples’ lives?
- Establish Goals – Think about what the “best case scenarios” would be. The first things that come to be mind should be at the top of your goal list (write them down so you don’t forget!). What media placements would blow your mind and possibly change the game for your business? What social media milestones are you anxious to hit next? Share your goals with your media relations and social media team and identify how to accomplish these goals.
- Envision It – After establishing your goals, take it one step further and imagine yourself accomplishing them . If you can picture yourself in that magazine spread, hitting your target sales goals, meeting your growth percentages—you’re creating the energy and vision to make your goals reality.
- Map it Out – Map out how you’re going to get there—update your business plan, if need be. Share your internal marketing and development plans with your media relations team to give them the opportunity to come up with aligning, integrated media relations and social media campaigns that can make an impact.
- Have Courage – Don’t be afraid to set the bar high. Having the courage to take that leap of faith and think BIGGER is what will take your business to the next level.
If you’re ready to be courageous, dream big and launch a successful media relations and social media plan in 2017, let us know! You can reach out to us at [email protected], or visit our website at www.OlivePRSolutions.com. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!